Hello dear animal lovers!
We are a small animal association here on Tenerife.
Our work / Our goals
Our goal it is to help the abandoned dogs and cats here on the island. A big challenge, as we do not have the capacity of a big animal shelter yet, but we can offer to take in approximately 30 cats and about 40 dogs.
Ideally we like to offer shelter to those animals who for one reason or another cannot remain in a normal refuge. Among them:
- Animals available for sponsoring
- Preparing and finalizing animal adoptions, both on the island and in other countries in Europe
- Bringing the work of MAdAT Animal Protection Association closer to the
children and adults here on the island through events, brochures and
- Information for people interested in adopting one of our animals
- Opening of a charity shop (Sale of second hand and nearly new clothes,
furniture etc. This will simultaneously serve as an information centre about
our association). Shop takings will be used to maintain the animals and also to
invest in new projects.
- Building of an adequate cattery in order to be able to divide our feline guests
in appropriate age groups. By doing so we hope to give them the best
opportunities for survival and adequate socialising, and make their stay with
us as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Dear animal lovers,
we have to grow! The puppy house incl enclosure is too small. We still need a puppy hut to meet the many dog babies can. This costs 1000 €
we just do not have. Furthermore, the little ones must also be vaccinated to go to the operator.
Currently we are still at the enclosure for the big dogs. Unfortunately, with little helping hands, everything is very slow.
We would be very happy and would not object to a little financial support.
We hope that the efforts we are making (with the puppy house, awareness and fundraising) will help convince the Tenerife government that Madat is definitely worth supporting
Thank you for your help and support!